What has the SCPA done for me lately? (This is only a summary, of course)
Well, in 2016:
- 7 -First Thursday: “FL Legislature and FL Progressives”.
- 12 -Lead the annual “Awake The State” event in Brevard (at Viera Complex).
- 14 -Spoke in support of road improvement at Brevard County Roads Workshop.
- 16 -SCPA Progressive Candidate Training program in Rockledge.
- 18 -Walked in the Martin Luther King Parade, and attended MLK Expo.
- 4 -First Thursday: “Black Lives/Voices/Minds/Children Matter”.
- 3 -First Thursday: “Influential Women Speak Out”.
- 8 -Liaison at Citizen’s Combating Climate Change (CCCC) meeting in Cocoa Beach.
- 15 -Spoke in opposition to fracking at Brevard County Commission Meeting.
- 15 -Spoke opposing censorship efforts at Brevard County School Board.
- 19 -Liaison at Represent.us at meeting in Cocoa.
- 22 -Represented SCPA at “Friends of the Sebastian River” event in Vero Beach.
- 24 -Liaison at Sierra Club meeting in Melbourne.
- 29 -Spoke in opposition to fracking at Brevard County Commission Meeting.
- 2 -Represented SCPA at Marine Resources Council (MRC) Right Whale event.
- 4 -Radio interview discussing lagoon health
- 7 -First Thursday: “Think Global/Act Local, Part 1” (with Space Coast EV Drivers).
- 12- Spoke in support of LGBT non-discrimination language at Brevard School Board.
- 13 -Spoke to the City of Titusville Environmental Committee, supporting fracking ban.
- 15 -Attended a Represent.us Rally in Cocoa.
- 20 -Tabled at an Indian River Lagoon program at the FIT Gleason Center.
- 22 -Represented SCPA at “Charlie Corbiel” Earth Day event.
- 24 -Board was trained at Strategic Planning seminar.
- 26 -Spoke at LGBT non-discrimination workshop.
- 12 -Keynote presentation about SCPA at Heritage Isles Dems Club.
- 19 -First Thursday: “Think Global/Act Local, Part 2” (also with Space Coast EV drivers).
- 20 -Volunteered with MRC “Lagoon Fest” set-up team.
- 21 -Tabled at MRC “Lagoon Fest”.
- 31 -Liaison at CCCC meeting in Cocoa.
- 2 -First Thursday: “School Board Candidate Forum” (with League of Women Voters).
- 11 -Progressive Leadership presentation to Citizen Leader Workshop in Cocoa.
- 14 -Liaison at National Organization of Women meeting in Melbourne.
- 16 -Testified against FPL rate hike at Public Service Commission hearing in Viera.
- 17 -Assisted Space Coast Pride at Pulse Shooting Vigil in Eau Gallie.
- 7 -First Thursday: “Candidate Forum” (with League of Women Voters).
- 12 -Spoke to Brevard County Commission.
- 26 -Spoke to Brevard County Commission in support of budget reform.
- 26 -Supported Represent.us at City of Cocoa meeting, announced anti-corruption item.
- 4 -First Thursday: Movie Night “Where To Invade Next?”
- 9 -Spoke to Brevard County Commission supporting IRL “Save Our Lagoon” Program.
- 23 -Spoke again to Brevard County Commission supporting IRL Program Plan.
- 24 -Represented SCPA at IRL Coalition meeting at Brevard Zoo.
- 31 -Sponsored drug “Overdose Awareness” event in Viera.
- 1 -First Thursday: “Economic Impact On Working Men And Women”.
- 9 -SCPA awarded “Third Party Voter Registration Organization” status (first time ever!)
- 12 -Joined League of Women Voters leaders at meeting with Commissioner Jim Barfield (opposing fracking).
- 17 -Tabled at National Drive Electric Week Event in Satellite Beach.
- 22 -Represented SCPA at IRL Coalition meeting at the Brevard Zoo.
- 24 -Tabled (and walked/drove in parade) at Space Coast PrideFest in Eau Gallie.
- 13 -First Thursday: “Candidate Hob Nob”.
- 15 -Represented SCPA at MRC event.
- 3 -Hosted press conference in Titusville encouraging “Vote No on Amendment 1!” (Bad Solar Scam).
- 3 -First Thursday: “A Closer Look” at Solar and Lagoon Recovery Ballot Items.
- 13 -Tabled at Healthy Planet “Vegfest” in Cocoa.
- 15 -Spoke to Brevard County Commission in support of public transportation proposal.
- 1 -Annual Holiday Pot Luck Dinner
Your membership, contributions and support make this all possible! Thank You!