Welcome to the Space Coast Progressive Alliance
The Space Coast Progressive Alliance advances progressive policies at the local, state and national level through education on critical issues, coordination of activities among local and state progressive organizations, and providing internet resources.
We are a grassroots organization of concerned citizens who strive for domestic and international policies beneficial to the well-being and self-determination of Americans and all peoples of the world, for protection of civil and personal liberties, and for progressive environmental, economic, labor, health care, social welfare, education, foreign, and defense policies.
October Letter to SCPA Membership
Dear SCPA Members,
The 2020 new reality of Coronavirus in our community has tapped SCPA’s ability to reinvent itself in a virtual format. The result has been an expanded viewership on both Zoom and Facebook Live. It has brought us new members who are anxious to help solve the many problems before us.
We found our way into virtuality with our favorite format, a panel of outstanding experts on each subject, followed by a Q&A. This began with a conversation to ascertain the safety and well being of our membership and followers. Speakers helped us navigate the agencies and services available during:
- May 7: Coping with Covid; Then, we presented compelling, hot topics of the day
- July 2: Your Mail. Your Vote. Your Voice (as we watched our postal system being sabotaged just when the pandemic necessitated mail-in Primary voting).
- August 6: The Color of Injustice; Being Black in America (as communities erupted into protest after witnessing the reality that vestiges of pre-Civil War mentality persist in the police departments that violently devalue Black lives).
- Sept. 10: The Perversion of Truth, Media and Democracy (when truth and science are needed to make smart election choices but are lambasted as “fake news”; and journalists are attacked for seeking answers).
- Oct. 1: At The Edge of Authoritarianism in America (as our system of peaceful elections are under attack through voter suppression and intimidation).
- Sept. 16: Our acting president, Raed Alshaibi, initiated an urgent, live conversation in Melbourne Auditorium, open to Zoom and Facebook viewers: Law and Leaders Summit: a productive and enthusiastic dialogue between Chiefs of Police and community leaders and elected officials.
The first week of November will most certainly be an unsettling time as we wait for election results. SCPA will NOT hold its First Thursday event while the dust settles. Until then, we will be implementing our Action Items that you hear so much about. Join us!
We will be participating in demonstrations, working for candidates in this most crucial election,
writing letters, calling our Congresspersons. Join us!
And please let us know in what direction you wish to see SCPA go next. We look forward to your comments and participation on committees. Sign up on SCPAflorida.com.