NATIONAL FAMILIES AND POLITICS WORKSHOP
About this Event
Family relationships are becoming casualties of our toxic political environment. Family members are having nasty political arguments, avoiding each other, or even cutting off lifetime relationships.
If you want to preserve important family bonds while still being true to your values and political beliefs, this workshop will offer you:
- Insight into why family differences over politics are uniquely challenging;
- Recognition of common roles that family members play in political conversations (for example, the Gladiator, the Defender, and the Sniper);
- Strategies and skills for handling family political differences in a constructive way.
Although the focus is on family relationships, you can use learnings in this workshop with any loved one. You’ll laugh and have some fun in this workshop—it won’t be all serious. After all, we all come from quirky families.
Workshop Format: This is a two-part workshop combining an online eLearning course and an online, interactive workshop offered over Zoom.
- Part one consists of a 40 minute, interactive course. You complete this online before the workshop.
- Part two is joining us for the interactive online workshop where you will be guided in practicing listening and speaking skills.
Questions? Contact Pat Ferren at email@example.com.
See you there!
This workshop is a free event brought to you by Braver Angels as part of our mission to depolarize America. Braver Angels is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. We invite you to consider a gift to Braver Angels; all donations are tax deductible. Your support will allow us to offer more workshops and debates with the ultimate goal of uniting America.